Tuesday, August 26, 2008

More Artistic Outpost Halloween Fun!


I don't know if it's the cooler weather we've been having here in Mississippi or what, but I am so ready for Fall! I have never been a fan of southern summers - girls from Oregon just aren't made for 100 degree temps and humidity. I usually hibernate and come out when we get down into the 80s at least. For the past few weeks that's where we've been and it's glorious! I have decided that Fall is here and I am buzzing with Halloween ideas.

A couple years ago I bought a whole slew of these houses at the Dollar Tree - they were horribly decorated with Christmas scenes. Scary Santas, etc. They were all marked down to a quarter and I figured they would come in handy someday so I bought a bagful! Artistic Outpost's new Halloween stamps are just adorable and I knew they'd be a perfect match with my little house. To create it, I painted the edges with Black Soot Distress Crackle paint and covered the main part with a page from a vintage German book. The girl was stamped and then cut out and attached with foam dots. The spider web is a die cut from RockCandy Studios. The background is Basic Grey paper stamped with various images.

6 comments:

  1. I am with you about it feeling like fall. I am ready for the crisp air and falling leaves. I was wanting to make soup last weekend. Anyway..great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly - Awesome! Had to check it out when I seen your name on the Ranger list.. I am lurking in the background thinking about posting when my next project goes up with Ranger products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! I would give that little girl handsful of candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a bargain the little houses were for a quarter apiece!

    it's almost like alchemy what you have done here - taken something almost worthless and made it priceless

    wonderful

    off to have a good nosey around the rest of your blog - I see you have used my favourite colour combo on the piece below (red and purple) - so I think I will find plenty here to tickle my tastebuds...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!