Tuesday, September 2, 2008

And Now For Something Completely Different


This is something I made for the CCS Yahoo group. It's for a double tag bandanna swap. Trish and other members have posted such awesome artwork - I don't know when I've been so inspired by a group's art! I pulled out a bunch of stamps I haven't used in ages....the type of stamps I loved when I first started stamping. There are so many it's hard to ID them all, but I'll try! The main image w/the A is from Inkadinkado. The Bingo numbers, pen nib and create are all from Time to Stamp/I Brake for Stamps. The word 'Art' is part of a stamp from Vickie Enkoff (I miss her!). The mesh on the top and bottom is from Innovative Stamp Creations. The eye and diamond background are from Stampabilities. The quote is from Hampton Art. Whew! I was almost afraid that I'd crowded too much into the space, but I really like it that way.

The base is plain white cardstock that I sponged with several colors of Adirondack dye inks. I used the Signo white gel pen for highlighting. I hope my partner likes it!!

9 comments:

  1. Wish I was your swap partner Shelly - this is AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to our group and big kudos! Bravo on such an awesome start! Cathee S.
    www.catartnsoul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah if your partner doesn't like it i will be glad to take it:D..really love the bright colors..great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you used four colors in that! The official instructions say three colors. You outside-the-box creative genius! Seriously, it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I actually used five! I am a true rebel. FYI I used Butterscotch, Red Pepper, Denim, Lettuce, and Bottle Adirondacks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tags, just love the colours. Great lot of stamps too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now THIS is art!! It's absolutely striking! I love everything about it-from the colors to the stamps to the layout, etc. Brilliant!
    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome. Fantastic colours and stamping.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!