Sunday, November 9, 2008

Gothic Arch Challenge - Buttons


This week's theme at Gothic Arches is 'Buttons'. Perfect theme for me! I am a hoarder of vintage buttons. I buy up every tin I come across at estate sales or thrift stores. I'm sure there is a limit to how many a person can have - but I sure haven't found it yet!

For my base I used a piece of chipboard that I cut from a cereal box. I've been pulling apart and saving all the heavy cardboard packaging that I would usually throw away. It is perfect as a base for ATC's, etc. Sometimes it's pretty too! In this case, I liked the look of it so much I decided not to cover it, except for the bit of French text in the corner. After I glued that on I ran the arch through my Cuttlebug and highlighted the raised areas with Brushed Corduroy Distress ink. I way dying to use my new Sally stamp from Inka Stamps. I think she's adorable! Her wings are Grungeboard covered with more vintage paper. The bottom is trimmed with some vintage rickrack and buttons. The quote is from Time to Stamp/I Brake for Stamps.

24 comments:

  1. You are a girl after my own heart, button collector and cardboard recycler LOL! Your arch is so rich looking and the pink rick rack picks up the delicate pink of the sweet little girls dress so beautifully = Love it! Great saying as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hint of pink from the rickrack is just perfect for this lovely arch. Great lookin' cereal box, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous arch -love it. Beautiful stamp and buttons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Gorgeous and quote on it outstanding ! Very stunning piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is a delight! I love the combination of browns with just a touch of pink....and your use of buttons is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and the comment on my first Arch. I love the idea of using the cuttlebug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work and I can definitely appreciate your recycling efforts -both in vintage buttons and old cereal boxes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you constructed your arch...great ideas. I am also a hoarder of old ephemera and embellishments, buttons galore, and love ric rak. I love that you use cereal boxes for chipboard...most of it is perfect and I do the same but I am going to 'borrow' your idea from now on, if I may, and run it through the Cuttlebug...that is a great idea! I love your arch, and thank you for sharing ideas. Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and I sound a lot a like as far as being button collectors. I just love my collection and love all the vintage container I find to display them in. I will start my Organization Tips on Wednesday (lol) trying something new with my blog. Your button arch is fantastic. I love how you put it all together and added the words, the little girl is perfect. I always forget to add words to my atcs and arches, even when I have the full intention of putting words on. Oh well.

    Blessings,
    Angelina

    Have you come by my Great Christmas Giveaway yet? If not, please stop by and enter in the gift-away I am doing for Christmas this year. http://www.thegreatchristmasgiveaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a delightful Arch Shelly, and environmentally friendly too, how cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow wow wow this is unbelievable.
    Really gorgeous arch. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is no limit to the amount buttons one should have!! Beautiful arch and great vintage buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful arch, Shelly. Love how you divided up the quote.
    Ros

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love this! I still have to make my button card, I know the challenge is over but I already have one in mind. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!