Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wednesday Stamper - Hearts

I have really gotten out of the habit of participating in challenges, so I'm trying to force myself to get back into it. Today's Wednesday Stamper challenge was a tough one for me - use hearts in a different way. I started and discarded a few ideas before settling on this.

I have been dying to use some Faux Felt that I made this past weekend with my friends. This is a really fun technique from the latest Technique Junkie newsletter. I added some gesso, a torn French book page, some trim and stamps from Oxford Impressions. Oh, and I have been dying to use this gold thread that I've had for ages. Since the Created Byhand challenge was Gold, I thought that I would try it on this card and I love it!

If you can't tell, my hearts are bound together with the gold thread to make a little flower. Hope everyone is having a great week!

22 comments:

  1. its beautiful, love the girl and her balloon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Shelly!! It's easy to get out of the habit isn't it? But jumping in when the theme is so appealing is fun!
    Thanks for your comment about Harry... I love all the characters on that plate and always enjoy revisiting them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute. Nice flower balloon on a string.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love the idea of the hearts making a flower ! A stunning little piece x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know how this was tough for you, you did a Wonderful job. Sounds like a fun technique also !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely idea for a flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's perfect! I love the flower on a string thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmmmmm faux felt technqiue..french paper..sounds like you have some cool friends..great piece and great way to use the hearts

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Shelly this is really pretty.
    Absolutely gorgeous card. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable! I'm glad to discover your sewing machine can be threaded with a color other than white. I'm going to tell my sister about that, too.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shelly, you ave changed your blog! I love this card - it's gorgeous and inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  12. she is so pretty in pink! Great idea....wish I could see everyone's entry in person!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww, very sweet! Love the stitching! Thanks for taking the Created byhand gold Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it - colours are great ...and your heart flower is a little treasure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely card!(like all your others)great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!