Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Created Byhand Challenge - Inchies

One thing I have just never gotten into is inchies - they are just so small. When I saw that they were the theme for this week's Created Byhand challenge I was like, too bad for me! Then I remembered this bracelet I made a couple years ago for Innovative Stamp Creations.

I used the inchie stamp sheet to make little fabric charms for a bracelet. I also made a little box for it to go in. To make the charms I first stamped the images onto tissue paper which I then fused to felt. I think I'd also just got my Cuttlebug and was obsessed with cutting things out with it! The flowers are felt that was cut using a Quickutz die.

I think that was about the first and last time I ever made an inchie!

***Char and Ellen asked how you fuse paper to felt. I originally saw this in an issue of Cloth Paper Scissors. In it the artist stamped and painted tissue paper and then fused it to felt using fusible webbing. This is kind of a simplified version of that.

13 comments:

  1. But they are so beautiful Shelly! What a gorgeous bracelet! =)

    I used part of one of the Layer Love backgrounds I learnt to paint in Julie Prichard's online class! That's what I stamped onto!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning bracelet, love the colour and textures in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bracelet Shelly and I LOVE the little box too. What a terrific gift that'd make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice. And I know what you mean about inchies. small. But once you get your mind around it it's not so bad. BIG GRIN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shelly, This is Beautiful, I don't see why your not doing these all the time. sheer perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous bracelet - but inchies do get to you and they're not so bad - why not come and join in with the inchy challenge blog - you may get to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a gorgeous creation just perfect. how do you fuse tissue paper to felt?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just going to ask the same question: How do you fuse it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks absolutely beautiful Shelly and so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous! As all your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Shelly wonderful works !!!

    Anke

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!