Friday, January 22, 2010

4x4 Friday - A Boy and a Bird

I am so out of the loop - I didn't realize until today that Kersten had started a new challenge blog. I love doing 4x4's so it's a fun challenge for me!

I have been having such a good time reading Ruth Rae's book. If you enjoy incorporating sewing into your mixed media/cards/ATC, etc., you really should get this book. She is an incredible artist. The piece that inspired me today was one where she layered and burned different fabrics and materials. Since I definitely enjoy wielding a heat gun, this was a very fun project!

The stamps I used are from the new Paris Exposition and Bluebird collections from Artistic Outpost.

20 comments:

  1. WOW! This is very unique and creative. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful mixed media for this art piece- so creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely gorgeous...the artistry in this piece just warms my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exquisite collage. Perfectly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly, another incredible work of art, o.k. you convinced me I must get this book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my, this is beyond my words... i also bought this book recently and i really love what you did in this style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this is stunning.
    Unbelievable work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is so beautiful!
    GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning. The textured look is great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic heart !!
    Love the image. It's really a great collage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, fantastic piece!! love all the layering and texture!! Brilliant!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful. Love all the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW, I love all the elements you've pulled together for this one. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shelly, this is such a beautiful artsy piece! I love how you've pulled it all together with so many different, rich elements. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your art with us this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shelly - this is wonderful!!! Love the top one too! Marva

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!