Monday, August 11, 2008

I Love Aluminum Tape!

This is something else I made for Betsy @ Innovative Stamp Creations awhile back. I covered a matchbox with aluminum tape from RockCandy Studios and then aged it with black acrylic paint and India ink. The Mona Lisa is stamped on a Tim Holtz Fragment and then attached to a scrap of Basic Grey paper and edged with more aluminum tape. For the inside, I inked the box edges w/black ink and then covered the bottom w/more BG paper. I stamped the sentiment and cut it out and adhered it to the bottom. I covered the bottom w/a bit of Diamond Glaze (kind of got bubbly, my first time using it). Finally, I inked a washer a bit and attached it to the 'drawer' with wire.

6 comments:

  1. neat little box. I love foil tape too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly this is awesome!!!! Betsy will love it!!! I'll have to check out the aluminum tape!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this piece, Shelly. Drawers with secrets intrigue me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the matchbox! Is this hardware store aluminun tape? I checked Rock Candy and then had no listing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jean! Yes, it's hardware store tape. What's special about the tape from RockCandy is that it's 3" wide, which means less seams. Here is a link to it on their site:
    http://tinyurl.com/6mghzv
    If that doesn't work, it's under 'General Store' on the left side.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!