Friday, December 5, 2008

Tim's Tag Day 5 + A Dozen Beauties

Well, I must say I'm a bit disappointed with my Tim Tag today. :( It's my most favorite of his and my least favorite of mine! When I first saw the Grungeboard reindeer he used I knew right away I was in trouble! That's a pretty tough piece to improvise. I did find a decent template for my reindeer, but it just isn't the same. I had plain Grungeboard, but I decided to trace it onto tagboard that I'd cut from an old cereal box to show that you can still do this technique even if you don't have the Grungeboard. I embossed it w/my Cuttlebug and pretty much did the rest like he shows. Instead of the rub-on, I stamped 'Joy' with Versamark and embossed it with white ep. For my snowflakes I used a Martha Stewart punch (on clearance at Michaels today!) to punch them out of cardstock. I painted them gold and added Antique Linen Distress Stickles. I do love the resist technique that he used for the background and will definitely be trying all of these ideas in the future.

When I got home from my big trip into Memphis today, what was waiting for me? Two eggs! We had two yesterday too. Then this afternoon, two more! That brought us up to our first dozen eggs (we've been saving them for the past few days). Do you see something amiss in this picture? Yes, one of our ladies is not who she's supposed to be! We've only had this one brown egg, so we'll see what the future holds. I kinda like having a little variety though!


6 comments:

  1. I think your tag came out pretty good. I like what you did with the reindeer; I haven't figured out how to get around that one yet. I guess I'll try my Tag No. 5 tonight.

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS on your first dozen..i like the one brown egg..just shows you have a lady who lays to a different drum..the tag is great too

    ReplyDelete
  3. well I love you tag, and I love your explanations of how you achieved it.
    looking forward to seeing your take on today's tag, it's a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly, I am amazed! What a great tag -- I think you did a fabulous job with with it. (HA! If you could see mine, you'd understand why I'm so impressed. I won't even post mine:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dozen! I heard that Aracanas lay a variety of colors.... maybe this is proof! Congrats, Momma!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!