Thursday, December 10, 2009

Theme Thursday - Vintage

I haven't been stamping much for the past few months. Not sure why, I think sometimes I just need a total creative break so that I can recharge. The only problem is - sometimes you can stay away so long that you get out of the habit! Following along as Tim Holtz creates his 12 Tags has gotten me back in the studio and back to doing what I love the most - stamping and playing with techniques.

Today's Theme Thursday challenge is Vintage. Well, not sure I do anything that isn't vintage, lol! I never really think about it, it's just my style. I don't even think of it as vintage. Anyway.....I am madly in love with the Metallic Pop technique from the latest issue of the Technique Junkie newsletter. Doesn't that background look like embossed metal? Too cool! I added a photo stamp from Oxford Impression's April in Paris collection, and some gorgeous trim from RockCandy Studios. Do you see the little Tim touch? I used the faux eyelet technique on the brad that's attaching the flower. Love that trick!

13 comments:

  1. I think your recharge has worked over time! This is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous! I love that cuttlebug background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and totally unique Christmas card! I love the black, red and white colours and your Cuttlebug background is wonderful. Great artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelley, this is awesome! The background does look like hammered metal or embossed metal. What a technique! Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. never heard of the technique junkies or the faux eyelet technique before... but your card is divine! love that color combo, makes it look very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Shelly,

    I love the composition of your card, but my favorite is the background !
    Don't you want to share the technique with me ?....
    greetings from belgium
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! I love that image and your background is indeed fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous, elegant card! Big applause! LynnF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another WOW!! This is such a stunning card, and I would LOVE to know how you did that background!! It's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shelly your work is amazing!!! I found my most recent TJ newsletter, off to find the rest and study! :D Marva

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!