Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Going Batty for Pop it Ups!

Happy Fall, everyone! Today, I'm sharing my Pop it Ups version of Tim Holtz's September tag. I haven't done one in ages, but absolutely fell in love with the technique he used and was dying to try it. Since we're getting closer to Halloween, I decided to make mine into a spooky pop-up card!

Here is the open view. I used Karen's Lucy Label set to create the pop up element from purple paper that had been stamped with Tim's Reverse Damask stamp. I used the same die to cut the label portion from a scrap of the technique paper, then trimmed it, added a rub on and adhered it to the card. The die also cuts a little tab at the top, which makes a nice place to add an extra little element. I decided to make another little bat, which I adhered to a strip of transparency so that he'd bounce around when the card is opened. To cover the adhesive, I used the small label from the set to cut another scrap of the technique paper. I cut it in half, added a rub on, and I had a little tombstone. Perfect!

The Pop it Ups die set I used can be found at Elizabeth Craft Designs. For a limited time, they're offering free shipping on orders over $50 when you use the code HAPPYFALL2015. Act fast! This offer is only available to the first 50 customers! Everything else I used can be found at Simon Says Stamp via the links below.





Thanks so much for stopping by today - have a great week!

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous Halloween pop up, perfect colours for Halloween. Love the bat taking centre stage and the fabulous backdrop. Tracy x X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great - a little spooky, a lot clever.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asome tag, Shelly. Love it being a pop up.
    Have to try that too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly spooky! Love your take on Tim's tag. TFS Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your awesome card! Beautiful take on Tim’s tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous Halloween pop-up - I just love that Baroque texture on the front - gorgeous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! I love this bat as a pop up! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!