Monday, November 30, 2015

November Tag - Pop it Ups Style!

Hi all! I hope all my readers in the US had a fantastic Thanksgiving! Mine was great - family, food, and fun. Can't beat that! I didn't spend any time at all in my studio, which was nice, but it left me itching to create after my company left. I decided to hustle up and make Tim Holtz's November tag this afternoon, and I'm so glad I did! I love the combination of techniques he used on this month's tag. No matter how experienced I feel I am as a stamper, I always learn something new from Tim!

Since fall is fading away, I decided to make mine a Christmas theme. After cutting a folded tag (pop-up alert!) from manila cardstock using Elizabeth Craft Designs' Tags and More 1 die, I stamped the front of the tag using the same linen stamp that Tim used. I spritzed it with a mixture of Cracked Pistachio and Peeled Paint Distress Spray Stain. The word 'Merry' is from Karen Burniston's Merry and Bright die set and worked perfectly for the cut out word. I didn't have any cork, so I cut it from lightweight cardstock (a cereal box to be exact) and sponged on the texture using a crumpled tissue and Ground Espresso ink. It actually ended up looking a lot like leather!

Here's my fun little pop-up! I used Karen's Lucy Label die to cut the pop-up portion from a folded piece of paper. After trimming away anything that would hang out over the tag edge, I adhered it to the inside of the tag. I added a border cut from kraft paper using Karen's Outdoor Edges die and a stamped greeting. Whew - done! After I had my pics taken and my post 90% done I realized I forgot the gold foiling - rats! I really wanted to use that. Maybe I'll have to do another one. :)

The Tags and More die from ECD is a new one for me and I absolutely love it! I can't wait to play around with it more. The dies and sentiment stamp can be found at ECD via the links below. If you hurry, you can take advantage of ECD's Cyber Monday sales! Get 25% OFF ALL ITEMS on their website by entering the code BF15 when you get to the checkout. This offer ends at midnight MST tonight (the 30th). All the other supplies I used can be found at Simon Says Stamp.



Thanks so much for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!