Friday, March 31, 2017

Huge Eileen Hull Sale + Mini Book

Hi all! Today I'm sharing a project I made with one of my favorite dies from Eileen Hull - the Passport Book die. It's on sale this weekend at Sizzix for a great price! I love how easy this die makes it to create mini books.

I created a 24 page book by using the die to cut 6 double pages. I nested them in sets of two, then tied them to the binding using Tim Holtz's jute string. The die makes it so easy! I added lots of pockets and chipboard elements using the sets from G45. I added a couple of foldouts to make it more interesting. I could have worked on this for days - it's so much fun!

I kept the cover fairly simple, just added a matted botanical print with a couple elements popped out, and a word band from Tim Holtz.

For the binding, I covered a piece of chipboard with Tim's textile surfaces then cut the piece and adhered it to the front and back covers. I added a border along the front edge. The photos make this book look so big, but it only measures 3.5" x 5".

Click on the banner below to shop the sale - there are so many of my favorites included!

Eileen Hull Favorites Sale

You can find the supplies I used at Sizzix, Simon Says Stamp, and Amazon via the links below.





Thanks so much for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shelly!
    Wow this is just beautiful! I have actually been eyeing this exact die up for many months now! I have had it in my cart several times. I just cannot justify to myself, to pay that kind of money for it, if I am unsure how often I will use it. I'm afraid I will get tired of creating the same style album using the die but thats just me being over critical and stuff LOL .. I absolutely LOVE this die and will have to get it the next time around. You did a fabulous job on this... you always make the best projects! Love them all, such an inspiration to me!
    And if you wouldn't mind, can you send me an email? I would love to talk to you about something. Thanks so much hon!!! Also remember that I host challenges every Friday! Always anything goes, you should definitely check it out!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥
    joann6274@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. Love the size and the papers are so beautiful. I love all your wonderful creations and look forward to you emails to see your new project. Thanks for sharing it gives me so much inspiration. Just wish I had the imagination to come up with some great stuff too. >^..^<

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!